School District 42’s International Education program welcomes international students from all over the globe. We provide quality education and nurturing homestays for elementary and high school students. The basic requirements for hosting an international student are as follows:
- Private bedroom – must be a proper room with a window and door. Must include a bed, dresser, desk, chair, and proper lighting
- Basic bathroom with toiletry supplies (shampoo, soap, towels, toothpaste, etc.)
- Three meals per day with snacks
- Total inclusion in the family as would be granted a family member
- Transportation of your student to and from the Vancouver International Airport if necessary
- Home is within SD42 catchment
- English is the primary language spoken in the home
- Preference given to homes with both a mother and a father in the home
Host families who wish to host Elementary students must meet the additional criteria:
- One of the parents is a stay-at home parent or works from home
- Must drive student to and from school
Most importantly, we hope that you will welcome your student into your home and provide a Canadian cultural experience in being a part of your family.
If you meet the above criteria, apply by clicking here.
You will be contacted by a Homestay Coordinator.
Priority will be given to Families who meet ALL of the above criteria.