Some parents choose to place their children in a private homestay arrangement while they study in our program. To ensure all student are well supported in our program private homestay arrangements must follow criteria below.
Private Homestay Criteria
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- Must reside within 1 hour of the Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District
- Must provide the International Program office with up to date custodian/homestay documents and information
- Provide supervision and support to the student
- Maintain regular contact with the International Program office
- Ensure the student is attending school regularly and attaining satisfactory academic performance
- Follow the Ministry of Education’s K-12 International Student Homestay Guidelines
In addition to these criteria, students residing in a private homestay arrangement must fill out a Homestay Exemption Form as part of their application.