Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows International Program Travel Regulations
International students are required to remain in the Metro Vancouver area and are not permitted to travel to any other city without approval from the International Program Office.
Students who wish to outside the Metro Vancouver must apply to the International Program Office for permission and must do the following:
- Complete ALL information on the Travel Application Form, they can be obtained from your homestay coordinator or downloaded on our website
- The form must be returned to your homestay coordinator via email or in person and must be received at least 5 days prior to the desired travel date. If the complete information has not been given travel may not be approved.
- The responsible homestay coordinator will contact the host family to inform them if travel has or has not been approved
Travel Outside the Metro Vancouver Area:
Travel with Host Family:
- If a student is traveling outside of the metro Vancouver area and within British Columbia no travel application is required
- Host families must inform their homestay coordinator prior to travel and provide all information.
Travel without Host Family (Day and Overnight Trips):
- Students traveling outside the Metro Vancouver area overnight must always have an adult 25 years of age or older accompanying them at all times.
- Final decision about a travel request rests with the Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows International Program Office. The explanation. “my parents says it’s ok” will not be accepted.
- If travel will result in missed classes, students must talk to their teachers and International Liaison directly as well as receive approval from the International Program Office.
- A Travel Application is needed for both overnight and single day travel outside of the Metro Vancouver area.
- If students are traveling overnight outside of the Metro Vancouver area, natural parents must sign the parental acknowledgment. Please note the final decision about a travel request is with the International Program Office.
- Students may travel with their parents, but the International Program Office must be notified.
Travel to the USA with or without Host Family:
- A Travel Application must be completed and by signed by the student’s natural parents
- For travel to the USA, students must ensure they have the correct VISA and carry their StudyInsured Medical Information at all time.