It is our hope and expectation that all students will be successful in our program and we are committed to fully supporting them. We understand that occasions do arise when students are no longer able to study with us. In those circumstances the following refund policy applies.
The School District will receive and consider requests for the refund of Fees (the “Program Fees”), other than Non-Refundable Fees where:
- the Student is refused a Study Permit by Immigration Canada, provided that the refusal is not due to the Student’s delay or failure to apply sufficiently in advance of the commencement of the Program and subject to the Student providing satisfactory supporting documentation
- the Student is unable to travel to Canada due to travel bans or restrictions imposed by a provincial or the federal government of Canada or the government of the Student’s country of residence
- the School District is satisfied that the Student is medically unfit or unable to travel to and attend in Canada to participate in the Program, provided that: (i) the Student supplies, upon request, appropriate medical documentation supporting the reasons for the request; and (ii) the Student or his/her Parent/Guardian was unaware of the medical unfitness at the time of accepting enrolment, and (iii) the request is received prior to the commencement of the Program;
- If a Student and the Parent/Guardian with whom they reside become “ordinarily resident” in British Columbia (within the meaning of the British Columbia School Act) after the payment of the Program Fees but prior to the commencement of the Program, such that the School Act entitles them to a Program from the School District free of charge, the Student shall be entitled to a refund of the Program Fees provided that the School District receives notice and proof of the changes of
residency status prior to the commencement of the Program.
If the School District determines that a refund is appropriate, the School District reserves the right to reduce the amount of the Program Fees refunded to offset their own costs including the loss of any staff time or resources arising from a Student withdrawal. Generally, reduction in amount of Program Fees refunded will be as follows:
- For Students in their first year of participation in the International Programs, the following will apply:
- a three quarter (3/4) refund of the Program Fees if the Student withdraws 6 months prior to the date on which Program is to commence
- half (1/2) of the Program Fees, will be refunded if the Student withdraws at least 14 days prior to commencement of their Program courses
- no refund will be granted, for any reason, if the Student withdraws after the commencement of their Program courses or less than 14 days of commencement.
- If a Student indicates they will be returning to the School District for a second or subsequent year and withdraws prior to commencing the second or subsequent year, the following will apply:
- half (1/2) of the annual Program Fees will be refunded if they withdraw from the Program prior to June 15 of the year in which the second or subsequent year of studies is to commence
- no refund will be provided for any withdrawal after June 15 of the year in which the second or subsequent year of studies is to commence
- Refunds of the Program Fees will only be remitted to the original payor of the Program Fees
Homestay Fee Refund Policy:
- In the event that a Student exits early or is dismissed from the Program, Homestay Fees will be refunded as follows:
- Homestay Fees will only be refunded for unused full calendar months. Refunds of Homestay Fees are not payable for partial months’ accommodation
- The School District reserves the right to deduct from any refund of the Homestay Fees and remit to the Host Family any amounts attributable to damage to the Host Family’s property or any other financial loss incurred by the Host Family due to the Student’s conduct.
- Refunds for Homestay Fees will only be refunded to the original payor of the Homestay Fees.
Upon acceptance to the program, the Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows International Program does not offer refunds to summer or short programs. If a student must withdraw due to a family emergency, medical reasons or visa refusal (documentation may be required) the International Program will provide a refund less a $550 administration fee.